New Jersey’s Most Dangerous IntersectionsPublished: Apr 14, 2017 in Personal Injury
Driving on a straight path without having to deal with traffic signals is fairly easy for most drivers. However, when pedestrians, bicyclists, stop signs, turn signals, and other elements enter the mix, things start getting more complicated. Intersections can be tricky to navigate, and unfortunately, many fatal accidents occur at these junctions.
If you are a car accident victim, a Jersey City car accident lawyer can review your case and help you recover the money you need to pay medical bills and compensate you for other losses. Call Bhatt Law Group today at (201) 798-8000.
Most Dangerous Intersections
Because of its crowded streets, New Jersey has its fair share of car-related accidents, and intersections are especially dangerous. Here are some of the most dangerous intersections in the state:
- East Jersey Street and Spring Street in Elizabeth. TIME magazine named this intersection one of the 12 deadliest in the United States. This intersection tied as second-worst, with six deadly accidents there in a 10-year period between 2003 and 2012.
- Route 18 and Paulus Boulevard in New Brunswick. This is touted as the most dangerous intersection in the city, and the seventh most dangerous in the county. On average, at least one accident happens there every other week. Between 2010 and 2014, there were 173 crashes at this intersection. While the intersection is not constructed in an unusual way, it is close to two major freeways – Interstate 95 and Route 1 – which means it gets a lot of traffic.
- Interstate 95 and Route 4 in Fort Lee. This intersection is the second-worst in the nation when it comes to semi-truck bottlenecks. The average speed during rush hour is about 27 mph. The infrastructure is outdated and it’s best to avoid it if you’re in a hurry.
Dangers and How to Avoid Them
Many dangers lurk at intersections. These include pedestrians, bicyclists, distracted drivers, dim lighting, and poor signage. These issues can cause confusion, which can lead to serious accidents.
However, you can avoid a dangerous situation with safe driving practices:
- Don’t be in a hurry.
- Stay under the speed limit.
- Look both ways before crossing an intersection.
- Be alert and watch for people in the road.
- Always obey traffic signs and signals.
Jersey City Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Intersections tend to be busy and complicated. Poor signage, confusing traffic signals and road layouts, lack of lighting, and pedestrians can make driving a challenge. Accidents are quite common. In an instant, you can become seriously injured.
Intersection accidents come with many liability issues. With Bhatt Law Group on your side, you’ll get knowledgeable lawyers who can help you deal with insurance companies, liable parties, judges, and more. Let them do the legal work so you can focus on recovery.
Bhatt Law Group can help you with complex intersection accidents. Choose one of our Jersey City car accident lawyers for legal representation you can count on.
Give us a call at (201) 798-8000 to schedule a consultation.