Attorney Jay Bhatt
Attorney Jay Bhatt is the founder of Bhatt Law Group and a lawyer experienced in criminal, traffic, family, and personal injury law.
Over the course of a decade, Jay has applied his entrepreneurial spirit to growing the firm into a talented team of experienced New Jersey attorneys and paralegals in order to better serve the diverse legal needs of people in Jersey City and the surrounding region.
As an attorney, Jay has earned the recognition of the industry and his peers, including being selected to Super Lawyers, named one of the Top 10 Under 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Under 40 by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Lead Counsel rated for drunk driving defense by Thomson Reuters, and named one of the 10 Best Attorneys for New Jersey by The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
Jay values that his work allows him to make a direct, positive impact on the lives of people who have experienced stressful or traumatic events, such as a serious injury in an accident. He has a genuine compassion for helping clients who need the services Bhatt Law Group can offer.
Jay was born in India and immigrated to the United States with his family at age 6. He grew up watching his father, who had been an engineer in India, work diligently to become an engineer once again in the U.S. and eventually to start his own business. Jay learned his work ethic and his entrepreneurial drive, as well as a passion for helping others, from his father and applies those daily to his law practice.
He attended law school at Seton Hall and opened Bhatt Law Group soon after graduating in 2006.
- Seton Hall, 2003-2006, JD
- Rutgers, Finance
- New Jersey
- NJ State Bar
- Super Lawyers
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Lead Counsel Rated for Drunk Driving Defense, Thomson Reuters
- 10 Best Attorneys for New Jersey, The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- President and Board Member, 001 DebtorCC Inc., a nonprofit credit counseling organization
- President, DriveSafeToday.com, a site providing online driving education in several states. Authored defensive driving course for New Jersey.
- Certified Instructor by the New Jersey State Safety Council to teach defensive driving courses.