Jersey City Child Support Lawyer
Are you searching for a child support lawyer? We can help you! Our team of lawyers have handled hundreds of cases over the years involving child support. Call (201) 798-8000 today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent clients throughout New Jersey for child support issues.
* Our attorneys have been recognized by some of the most prestigious legal organizations. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. The National Trial Lawyers award is conferred on at least 100 lawyers per state. To read the standard by which Thomson Reuters, AVVO, Lead Counsel, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, American Association for Justice, and the National Trial Lawyers provides accolades, please click here.
If you are dealing with a child support issue, you need an experienced Jersey City child support lawyer on your side. We will help you navigate the complex New Jersey family law system and work towards a favorable outcome for your entire family. Call Bhatt Law Group today at (201) 798-8000 to find out how we can help.
What You Need to Know About New Jersey Child Support
Child support is more than just money. It is the responsibility of both parents to provide for the needs of their children. New Jersey does not consider child support to be the responsibility of one parent, but rather both should have a hand in providing adequate support for their children.
Anything that a child needs in order to survive must be provided by parents. Both parents are responsible for a share of those needs. When one parent provides an unequal share of non-monetary necessities, the other parent may be required to supplement with money, which is often referred to as “child support.”
We can help you with the following child support issues:
- How Child Support is Determined – Monetary child support is based on a multitude of considerations, including the needs of the child and how much financial support each parent has the ability to provide. Bhatt Law Group can help you and your co-parent determine a fair child support amount that provides for the needs of your children.
- Child Support Hearings – Child support issues are often settled by a judge at a hearing. The court process can be complicated and intimidating. We will make sure your rights are respected throughout the process.
- Child Support Contempt – Failure to pay child support is a serious issue with potentially severe penalties. If you or a co-parent is held in contempt for failure to pay child support, you need experienced legal representation to ensure your side of the story is heard in court.
- Modifying Child Support – The needs of children are constantly changing. If you have questions about modifying child support payments, we can help you with your case.
We Will Make Sure Your Rights are Respected
Whether you are a parent seeking child support or being asked to pay, you have rights. The family court system can be complex and you may be unsure of how to handle emotional issues involving child support. There are a number of complicated forms that must be completed in order to establish or modify child support. We can help you at every stage of the process.
At Bhatt Law Group, our New Jersey child support lawyers have extensive experience representing parents who want to make sure their children are adequately supported while also establishing a fair support system within their families. If you need help with your child support case, contact our child support attorneys in New Jersey at (201) 798-8000 for a free initial consultation.