Jersey City Work Injury Lawyer
Were you injured at work or during the course of your employment? We Can Help You. No Fee Unless We Win. Our team of personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call (201) 798-8000 today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent injured clients throughout New Jersey.
* Our attorneys have been recognized by some of the most prestigious legal organizations. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. The National Trial Lawyers award is conferred on at least 100 lawyers per state. To read the standard by which Thomson Reuters, AVVO, Lead Counsel, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, American Association for Justice, and the National Trial Lawyers provides accolades, please click here.
After getting hurt at work, your main concerns should be getting better, returning to work, and obtaining the compensation you deserve for injuries or losses you have faced. Recovering from your injuries and getting back to work are predominantly the biggest concerns for your physicians and employer. However, the Jersey City work injury lawyers of Bhatt Law Group can also help. We are here to assist you in recovering the benefits or compensation you deserve after a workplace accident.
When you are the victim of an unexpected accident, you should not guess at your rights or let your employer make all the decisions regarding what happens after your accident and recovery. Contact one of our experienced personal injury attorneys today. We will protect your rights throughout the criminal justice process and explain your legal options, which may include filing a workers’ compensation claim and/or a third-party suit.
To learn more about these claims, call a Jersey City work injury lawyer at Bhatt Law Group today at (201) 798-8000 to schedule a free and confidential case consultation.
Common Work Injuries
No matter what industry you work in, there are health and safety risks you face. You may think working in an office is entirely safe. However, you could develop carpal tunnel or another injury over a period of time. However, you also face a much higher risk of injury when you work in more physical and rough industries. Many work injuries are related to:
- Construction- As a construction worker, you face injuries from the vehicles and machinery you work with. If you were injured while on the clock, contact a lawyer immediately.
- Transportation- A significant percentage of work-related injuries arise due to auto accidents. Whether you were in a car accident in your work vehicle while on duty, or you were struck by a vehicle while working, an attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
- Heavy equipment and machinery- Many industries require tools, heavy equipment, and significantly large machinery to perform certain work duties. Using these items comes with a myriad of risks, including entanglement, electric shock or electrocution, and much more. After an equipment or machinery accident, a lawyer will protect your rights and explain your legal options to recover compensation.
Some of the most common work-related injuries are:
- Muscles strains and tears
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chemical burns
- Smoke or fume inhalation
Pursuing Compensation for a Work Injury
Following a workplace accident and/or injury, there are two main avenues for obtaining compensation. The first is workers’ compensation insurance. If you are covered by workers’ comp through your employer, then this may be your primary focus. You will need to file a workers’ compensation claim and work with your employer and their insurance provider to receive proper medical care and workers’ comp benefits. These benefits may include temporary or permanent compensation, or partial or full disability compensation. These means of compensation will help replace a portion of your lost wages for a period of time.
The second route toward obtaining compensation is through a third-party liability claim. This is typically not an appropriate claim to bring against your employer when you have workers’ compensation insurance. However, a third-party claim is fitting for many other circumstances, including when:
- Your employer is liable for your injuries but does not carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- Your employer is liable for your injuries, but you are an independent contractor and not covered by workers’ comp insurance.
- You were injured by an individual outside of your company.
If your employer or a co-worker was careless and caused the accident that led to your injuries and workers’ comp is not available, then you may need to file a lawsuit against your employer to recover the compensation you deserve. If an employee of another business or a pedestrian caused the accident and your injuries, then you may need to sue that other company or individual.
How We Can Help With Your Third-Party Liability Claim
If you believe you have a valid third-party liability claim after a workplace accident, contact a Jersey City work injury lawyer at Bhatt Law Group right away. Third-party claims are not always appropriate in relation to work injuries. In other situations, however, filing one may be your best chance at recovering compensation.
The first way in which we will help you after an accident at your workplace is by determining who caused the accident and who is legally liable for your injuries. Knowing why the accident took place is essential. We will determine what went wrong and who is responsible. Once we know who caused your accident, we can then determine who is legally liable. Who caused your accident and who is liable may not be the same person. If your co-worker was at fault for the accident, your employer is most likely liable. If an employee from another company working on the same site was responsible, then their employer is more than likely liable. If an independent individual caused you harm, then you may file a lawsuit against that person.
After determining liability, we will help you calculate your damages. During a personal injury claim, regardless of whether it’s related to work or not, you may have the right to pursue compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Some of these injuries are easily calculated based on paperwork, such as your medical bills and previous paychecks. Other damages are physical or psychological injuries that must be translated into a monetary value. At Bhatt Law Group, we understand the various methods used to translate non-economic damages into a sum. We will explain which of these methods is most appropriate for your situation, and we will determine the value of all of your financial, physical, and emotional injuries.
Let Our Jersey City Work Injury Lawyers Help
Life and work can be stressful enough without having to deal with workplace injuries and legal claims. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to avoid unexpected accidents. When someone else acts carelessly or recklessly, there is no preventing simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. All you can do is handle the situation as best you can, which means working with an experienced and trusted Jersey City workplace injury attorney who has a proven track record of success.
At Bhatt Law Group, we want to help you move forward from workplace accidents as best you can. We understand your life and career may never be the same. Our goal will be to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Call (201) 798-8000 today to schedule a free, initial consultation.