Jersey City Custody Lawyer
Are you searching for a custody lawyer? We can help you. Our team of lawyers have years of experience and are dedicated to helping individuals with family related issues. Call (201) 798-8000 today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent clients throughout New Jersey.
* Our attorneys have been recognized by some of the most prestigious legal organizations. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. The National Trial Lawyers award is conferred on at least 100 lawyers per state. To read the standard by which Thomson Reuters, AVVO, Lead Counsel, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, American Association for Justice, and the National Trial Lawyers provides accolades, please click here.
Custody battles have a well-deserved reputation for being difficult and time consuming. Often following a divorce the struggle between two parents can become petty and vindictive, with one side attempting to shut out the other completely. Some situations may warrant seeking full custody, such as when one parent cannot care for a child properly. If you are in a battle for custodial rights, you may be worried about not being treated fairly and potentially losing the legal right to care for your child.
Our Jersey City custody lawyers at Bhatt Law Group understand that custody cases are deeply rooted in emotional turmoil. With over a decade of experience in helping people fight for custody, we will use the knowledge at our disposal to ensure your case reaches a desirable outcome. Call today at (201) 798-8000 to see how we can help.
Fighting for Custody in New Jersey
Where custody is concerned, the courts always consider the best interests of the child. Legally, there are many elements to address, such as the type of custody being sought by both parents, visitation rights, and whether the parents will get along well enough to properly execute court orders.
Our skilled Jersey City custody lawyers can assist you in understanding and addressing the following elements of a custody battle:
- Types of Custody – It is essential to identify the type of custody you are seeking. Perhaps you only want the ability to weigh in on the child’s welfare, or maybe you are convinced that the child should live with you. Bhatt Law Group can help you choose the legal path specific to your custody goals.
- Custody Evaluations – The courts evaluate a number of factors when determining who would be best suited for child custody. Our skilled Jersey City custody lawyers can paint you in the best possible light to ensure you gain the custody rights you deserve.
- Custody Hearings – Custody hearings can be brutal, with the opposition claiming that you are an unfit parent in order to rob you of a future with your child. Let us prepare you for custody hearings so that you are fully equipped to combat any false claims or shady tactics.
Complex Custody Issues
There are custody matters that arise after the initial court ruling is made. Custody arrangements can be modified in various ways, some of which can be devastating to both parents and children. In addition, third parties may demand visitation rights for the well-being of the child. Bhatt Law Group is well-equipped to help you handle the following:
- Modifying Custody – In many cases custody arrangements can be altered if one of the parents is able to prove that circumstances have changed. The custody lawyers at Bhatt Law Group can help you prove your preferred custody situation is in the best interests of your child.
- Relocating a Child – When one parent decides to move a child out of state, it can devastate the relationship between the child and the other parent. Protect your parental rights by allowing Bhatt Law Group to use their years of legal experience to fight a relocation request.
- Grandparent Rights – If you are a grandparent, you have the right to request visitations with your grandchild in the court of law. The relationship between a grandparent and a grandchild is essential for normal development, so call our Jersey City custody lawyers at Bhatt Law Group to see how we can fight for you.
Fight for Your Parental Rights
Custody battles can be unpleasant. You may be facing severe opposition when all you want is the right to spend time with your child or grandchild. If you believe that you are being treated unfairly in a fight for child custody, contact our Jersey City custody lawyers at Bhatt Law Group to see how we can help. With years spent fighting for parental rights, we know the most effective methods for achieving a desired outcome in your case. Call at (201) 798-8000 for a free consultation.