Jersey City Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident? We Can Help You. No Fee Unless We Win. Our team of personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call (201) 798-8000 today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent injured clients throughout New Jersey.
* Our attorneys have been recognized by some of the most prestigious legal organizations. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. The National Trial Lawyers award is conferred on at least 100 lawyers per state. To read the standard by which Thomson Reuters, AVVO, Lead Counsel, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, American Association for Justice, and the National Trial Lawyers provides accolades, please click here.
A pedestrian is the most vulnerable user of our roads. Unsurprisingly, pedestrian accidents can rarely be called “minor” because they are usually very serious incidents. They have no meaningful physical protection from vehicles, and even a low-speed collision with a pedestrian has the potential to cause catastrophic injuries and death. The Governors’ Highway Safety Association estimates that the number of pedestrians killed in 2015 increased by around 10 percent as compared with 2014, which is the largest annual increase in pedestrian fatalities since the federal government began collecting accident data forty years ago.
If you’ve been injured in a vehicle accident, you need to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney right away. Bhatt Law Group has helped many people in New Jersey since 2006 in obtaining compensation for their injuries. Getting an attorney right away is crucial so that you can help preserve your rights and collect evidence as quickly as possible. Call us at (201) 798-8000 for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that there are several common ways a vehicle can cause a pedestrian accident. These include:
- When a vehicle makes a right or left hand turn at an intersection into a pedestrian’s path without yielding
- When a driver fails to look for or see traffic while backing from a parking lot, private road, or driveway
- When a driver is distracted by electronic devices or other passengers and fails to see a pedestrian crossing the road
- When a vehicle fails to stop at a school bus stop arm as required
- When a pedestrian crosses after exiting a commercial bus that is at a marked bus stop and a vehicle fails to see him or her
- When a pedestrian is in the crosswalk and the signals change and a vehicle fails to yield to the pedestrian already in the crosswalk as required by law
NHTSA collects nationwide data on pedestrian accidents, and in 2014, there were 4,884 pedestrians who died in accidents and around 65,000 who were injured. That means that a pedestrian was killed every two hours and injured every eight minutes. In New Jersey, there were 168 pedestrian fatalities in 2014.
Filing a Pedestrian Accident Claim in New Jersey
Pedestrians can suffer a variety of injuries because of an accident. These injuries may include broken bones, lacerations, soft tissue injuries, and severe head trauma. These have the potential to be very serious and require extensive medical treatment. These injuries can cause financial losses stemming from medical bills and lost wages due to time away from work in recovery. If the injuries result in a permanent form of disability, it may lead to long-term medical care, and may also cause a person to lose future earning potential because he or she may be unable to work as before. Finally, the accident might result in pain and suffering for the victim that lasts for years.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Jersey City, Bhatt Law Group can provide you with an experienced and effective advocate to help you file a claim and get compensation for your injuries. You can be sure that a team of experienced personal injury attorneys will look closely at the facts of your case and will leave no stone unturned. Don’t hesitate to call us at (201) 798-8000 so we can discuss your legal options with you.