Hackensack Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in Hackensack, New Jersey? If so, you probably have a lot of questions:
- Can I recover my lost wages and income?
- What if can never return to work?
- How will my medical bills be paid?
- How much will the insurance company compensate me for my injuries?
- What if the person who hit my motorcycle has little or no insurance?
- Who will repair my bike? How much will I get if it’s totaled?
- How will I know that the insurance settlement is fair?
- Will I need to hire a lawyer?
- How can I find a competent lawyer?
The questions can go on and on and the answers are not always that simple. This is because recovering damages after a motorcycle accident is not always an easy process. Even for seemingly straightforward claims, there are many issues that will need to be addressed.
What’s more, in our legal system you only get one shot at your claim. Once you accept a settlement and sign a release, you cannot go back and seek more compensation. So, it is important that you understand the rules and the process and that you avoid potential problems with your claim.
An experienced and knowledgeable Hackensack motorcycle accident lawyer can answer all of the questions you have, and even a few that may not have come to mind. In addition, an experienced lawyer can help you with the process involved in filing these claims and can have a huge effect on your success.
If you have questions regarding a Hackensack motorcycle accident in which you were involved, give us a call, and we I will do our best to answer them completely. Call Bhatt Law Group at (201) 798-8000 to speak with an experienced Hackensack motorcycle accident lawyer.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Between 2009 and 2013, 13,000 motorcyclists were involved in accidents in New Jersey. Every year, an average of 70 motorcyclists are killed and 2,000 are injured on New Jersey roads. Furthermore, the fatality rate for motorcyclists in New Jersey is 26 times the rate for car passengers. The injury rate for motorcyclists is 5 times the rate for car passengers.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) the following facts regarding motorcycle accidents nationwide are also true:
- There were 4,668 motorcycle fatalities and 88,000 motorcycle injuries during 2013. In addition, the number of fatalities increased by 16% between 2004 – 2013.
- Approximately half of all motorcycle fatalities were the result of a crash with another motor vehicle. In 75% of these crashes, the motorcycle was hit in the front, in 6% the motorcycle was hit from behind.
- Motorcycle accident fatalities are more likely to involve in an immobile object than are other motor vehicles.
- About 60% of motorcycle collisions can be attributed to three factors: unsafe speed, improper turning, and driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- In nearly 40% of all motorcycle accidents, the other vehicle was making a left turn while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking another vehicle.
Motorcycle Accident Claims
When a person is injured due to the negligence of another person or persons, the injured party may pursue a personal injury claim against the person(s), entity, or entities that caused the injuries.
While no two cases are exactly alike, for most people who have been injured in a motorcycle accident in New Jersey, many types of claims exist, the most common being:
- Compensation for lost wages and income
- Medical expenses
- Motorcycle repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
In addition, the spouse of the injured person may have a valid claim for loss of consortium against the negligent party, and in cases where the injured person dies, their legal heirs may have a valid wrongful death claim.
Factors That Can Affect The Value of Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
In order to make a valid claim for compensation, you will need to show acceptable proof of your injuries and losses (damages), as well as proof of the negligent party’s or parties’ responsibility. The primary factors that will affect the value of your claim are the specific nature of the injuries and economic losses you have sustained.
- A thorough examination of your medical records and medical history.
- Collecting medical reports on the injuries that have been diagnosed, the treatments that have been used, and the probable outcome.
- Interviewing the treating physicians and/or requesting formal medical reports from them, if necessary.
- Maximizing the value of facts to increase the value of your claim; and
- Minimizing the impact of facts which can devalue your claim.
All this information must be put forward in a persuasive argument to an insurance claims adjustor, an insurance defense attorney, an arbitrator, or to a jury at trial. Legal representation that excels at this aspect of a claim separates the average lawyer from the above average.
How Our Hackensack Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
To find out if the facts of your situation give rise to a valid claim, consult with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. While many lawyers will offer to represent you, it is important to choose a lawyer who has extensive experience in motorcycle accident cases.
An inexperienced lawyer may fail to handle your case effectively. This could cause you to lose your rights and your opportunity to obtain a settlement.
Our Hackensack motorcycle accident lawyers have handled a great many claims and have developed professional working relationships with many insurance adjusters and defense attorneys in the area. This can smooth the road to a satisfactory result.
We will maximize the value of your claim by presenting every relevant medical and legal fact that strengthens your position and will work closely with you as your case moves toward a resolution.
If you’ve been in an accident, please contact Bhatt Law Group to speak with an experienced Hackensack motorcycle accident lawyer who can help you obtain the maximum available compensation for your injuries and losses. Call (201) 798-8000, or send us a message online to arrange a free consultation.
Our Hackensack office is located at:
Bhatt Law Group
411 Hackensack Avenue, 2nd Fl.
Hackensack, NJ 07601