Harrison Car Accident Lawyer
Searching for a car accident lawyer in Harrison? We Can Help You. No Fee Unless We Win. Our team of personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call (201) 798-8000 today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent injured clients throughout New Jersey.
* Our attorneys have been recognized by some of the most prestigious legal organizations. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. The National Trial Lawyers award is conferred on at least 100 lawyers per state. To read the standard by which Thomson Reuters, AVVO, Lead Counsel, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, American Association for Justice, and the National Trial Lawyers provides accolades, please click here.
Did you incur an injury from a car accident in Harrison? Don’t just deal with the aftermath of that injury by yourself. Hire an experienced car accident lawyer in Harrison to represent you. Our phone number is (201) 798-8000.
The town of Harrison is located in Hudson County, New Jersey. The U.S. Census from the year 2000 shows the population of Harrison was 14,424 people, while the year 2010 U.S. Census shows it was 13,620 people. Despite the gradual decline in the population, Harrison’s close proximity to the city of Newark has caused a lot of traffic to pass through the suburb on a daily basis.
Whenever there is a lot of traffic somewhere, there is a greater chance of getting into a car accident. No one ever thinks they’ll get into a car accident until they’re faced with such an incident. Most people don’t know what to do after an accident, other than go to the hospital and get treatment for their injuries.
However, it is wise to seek the services of a car accident lawyer in order to learn about your civil rights in such a case. If someone caused a car accident to happen and their actions made you suffer an injury, then you have the right to compensation for all the damages you incurred because of their actions.
Bhatt Law Group has a professional team of Harrison car accident lawyers who would be more than happy to review your case. We’ll want to see police reports, medical reports, eyewitness reports, and other relevant documentation. Based on the evidence we see presented, we can make a determination as to whether you have a good case for seeking compensation.
Insurance Company Negotiations
In New Jersey, the no-fault insurance laws require you to exhaust your personal injury insurance coverage before seeking additional compensation from the at-fault driver. Personal injury coverage pays for medical expenses, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses resulting from your car accident injuries. If your insurance company denies your personal injury claim, then let us negotiate with them for you.
Bhatt Law Group has a great track record of dealing with car insurance companies and getting them to reverse their decisions on denied claims. But we would prefer that you hire us before you file the original claim so that we can do it for you. If an insurance company knows you have legal representation right off the bat, then they’ll be more reluctant to deny a claim. We know the law and insurance companies have an obligation to approve claims that are accurate and true.
Insurance companies do not want to go to court. They realize that a civil trial could result in them paying a substantially higher amount of money. So, they’ll be very eager to settle on a case in order to avoid a trial. We’ll do our best to negotiate a fair settlement amount on your behalf. This will be an amount which covers the following:
- Lost wages and income
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Reducing earnings
- Mental suffering
- Additional pain and suffering
Personal injury coverage typically has a limit that is specified in the insurance policy. If your injuries are severe and long-lasting, then the chances are that your personal injury coverage won’t pay for all the damages. Things like long-term rehabilitation and psychological trauma can have a much bigger price tag than your initial medical expenses. If your injuries have caused these types of problems, you’ll need to take the case further by seeking more compensation outside of what your insurance will pay.
Insurance companies look for ways to avoid paying a personal injury claim if they can. Below are common reasons why insurance companies may either deny your claim or pay less money than what you’re owed in compensation.
- Low Settlement Offer – If the insurance company presents a settlement offer, it’ll likely be lower than the amount of compensation you’d like to receive. Do not accept such an offer without consulting with a car accident attorney first. An attorney can negotiate a better settlement deal that pays you more compensation.
- Unjustified Denial – You may have grounds for seeking compensation, but the insurance company denies your personal injury claim anyway. If you do not have legal representation at the time you file the claim, the insurance company will assume you don’t know your legal rights in this matter. So, they will look for an excuse to deny your claim that is unjustified.
- Contributory Negligence – The modified comparative negligence rule of New Jersey gives the insurance company the right to deny your personal injury claim if there is evidence to suggest that you’re more at fault than the other driver in the accident.
Fatal Car Accident Compensation
When a family member dies in a fatal car accident, you should still make contact with a Harrison car accident lawyer at Bhatt Law Group. If the other driver of the accident was at fault, then you have the legal right to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your deceased family member. The surviving family members are entitled to receive compensation for the wrongful death of their loved one. This includes compensation for:
- Medical Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Funeral Costs
- Burial Costs
- Loss of Inheritance
- Loss of Companionship
- Loss of Financial Contributions of the Deceased
Contact Our Expert Harrison Car Accident Lawyers Today
Before you file a claim with the insurance company, hire an expert car accident lawyer of Bhatt Law Group to go through the process with you. We’ll fight to ensure you receive maximum compensation for your personal injury claim and maximum compensation for any additional compensation sought through a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Since you have two years to file a lawsuit after the date of the initial accident, you have some time to prepare for the case. It is important that you seek legal representation at your earliest convenience while the eyewitness accounts are still fresh. Contact our legal team at (201) 798-8000 to get the process started.