Secaucus Car Accident Lawyer
Secaucus is a town in New Jersey with a population of just over 16,000 people. It is a mostly suburban area of the New Jersey Meadowlands, but it does include a lot of public transportation which moves throughout it each day. In 2017 alone, there were four people and four vehicles involved in fatal accidents which claimed the lives of two people. There were hundreds of more traffic accidents with less fatal consequences, although serious injuries were involved in them.
Car accidents are not planned. They will just happen unexpectedly without any notice. If you or someone else in your immediate family has suffered a car accident in Secaucus and it results in an injury or death, then you must understand your legal rights in this situation. The personal injury lawyers of Bhatt Law Group can explain your rights to you and fight for compensation on your behalf. Let us protect your legal rights by representing you during this difficult time in your life. You can reach us at (201) 798-8000 to get started.
Compensation for Car Accident Victims in Secaucus
Car accident victims in Secaucus are entitled to compensatory damages for their personal injuries if they were primarily caused by one or more other drivers. The exact amount of the compensatory damages depends on the type of car accident and the seriousness of the injuries.
Car accident compensatory damages may cover your past and future expenses related to the following hardships:
- Inability to work and earn money
- Lost wages and salary
- Property damages
- Mental suffering
- Medical expenses
- General pain and suffering
The point of compensation is to help you restore your quality of life as much as possible. Sometimes it is impossible for it to be restored completely, which is why certain types of damages earn you more compensation than others. Remember that compensatory damages cover more than just physical and financial injuries. They also cover the psychological injuries associated with the trauma of the accident too.
How to Pursue a Car Accident Claim
Bhatt Law Group has been fighting for compensatory damages on behalf of car accident victims for over 10 years. Our car accident lawyers are fully trained in the traffic laws and car insurance laws of New Jersey. If you were injured by another driver in Secaucus, give our local law office a call at (201) 798-8000 and let us know the circumstances of your situation.
Due to the no-fault car insurance law in New Jersey, you’re legally required to seek compensation from insurance companies before attempting to sue the at-fault driver for compensatory damages. The personal injury protection coverage on your car insurance policy would be the first to pay for your lost income, medical expenses, and other financial losses you had from the accident. This coverage is supposed to pay no matter who is at fault.
If your personal injury protection coverage does not cover all your expenses, then you can file a third-party insurance claim on the insurance policy of the other driver if they are at fault. When you hire the lawyers of Bhatt Law Group to represent you, we’ll handle these negotiations with the insurance companies. If the at-fault driver’s insurance company doesn’t want to pay the claim, then you’ll want us on your side to enforce it.
Usually, insurance companies want to avoid lawsuits by setting out of court. That is what we will try to achieve in order to get you compensated for your damages as quickly as possible. But if the insurance settlements and payouts are still not enough to cover all your incurred expenses, then we may proceed with filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver personally for punitive damages. It depends on how egregious your injuries are from the accident.
Below are some common issues that arise from insurance claims:
- The insurance company denies your claim. In that case, you should call Bhatt Law Group immediately.
- The insurance company offers you a settlement amount which is too low and does not cover all your medical and out-of-pocket expenses. The law entitles you to receive a fair amount of compensation when you’re the victim of a car accident. Let us make sure the insurance company settles for an amount that you’re legally entitled to receive.
- According to the comparative negligence rule of New Jersey law, insurance companies can refuse to compensate you if evidence exists which suggests that you were primarily the one at fault for the car accident. If an insurance company does this to you, then let our car accident lawyers review your case and see if we can negotiate with them anyway.
- If the other driver is uninsured or lacks the insurance coverage to compensate you fully, then you may seek further compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them. Our Secaucus car accident lawyers can represent you in the lawsuit, including in any court proceedings which take place.
Do you have questions about insurance claims or wish to seek representation for your insurance claim? Contact us at (201) 798-8000.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
The consequences of a car accident could range from a few bruises to serious injury or death. Any type of injury you’ve incurred as a result of another driver’s negligence will entitle you to compensation. The more serious of an impact it has on your life, the more compensation you’ll receive.
The following car accident injuries can cause the most serious damages to you and your family members:
- Spinal cord injuries and nerve damage
- Minor to severe brain damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Neck injuries and whiplash
Did you suffer any of these injuries? Whether it was a severe or minor injury, you have the right to be compensated for any physical, mental, or financial harm that you incurred. Bhatt Law Group has a team of car accident lawyers with specialties in each one of these types of car accident-related injuries. After we have reviewed your case, we will determine the true value of your claim. Then you can begin to rebuild your life after the terrible ordeal that you went through.