Call (201) 798-8000 today for free consultation

Union City Slip and Fall Lawyer

If you have a slip and call case in Union City, We Can Help You. No Fee Unless We Win. Our team of personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call (201) 798-8000 today, use our contact form below, or chat with us live 24/7 for a free consultation. We proudly represent injured clients throughout New Jersey.
Bhatt Law Group Super Lawyers Bhatt Law Group AVVO Top Attorney Lawsuits and Disputes Bhatt Law Group Lead Counsel Rated Bhatt Law Group Nations Premier NAOPIA Bhatt Law Group New Jersey State Bar Association Bhatt Law Group Top One Percent Bhatt Law Group American Association for Justice Associate Bhatt Law Group The National Trial Lawyers

* Our attorneys have been recognized by some of the most prestigious legal organizations. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. The National Trial Lawyers award is conferred on at least 100 lawyers per state. To read the standard by which Thomson Reuters, AVVO, Lead Counsel, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, American Association for Justice, and the National Trial Lawyers provides accolades, please click here.

Did you slip and fall in Union City? Did it result in an injury? If so, you don’t need to contend with the medical expenses and other damages on your own. Bhatt Law Group can see to it that you’re rightfully compensated for all the expenses and damages you incurred from the fall.

Union City is located in Hudson County, New Jersey. It has a population of approximately 66,455 people, based on statistics from a 2010 U.S. Census. The population has declined slightly over the years, but the city continues to have a lot of people and economic opportunities.

What is a Slip and Fall Accident?

A slip and fall accident is just how it sounds. It is when you unexpectedly slip and fall on a property that does not belong to you. For instance, you may casually walk on the sidewalk next to your apartment building and come across a pot hole in the pavement. Once you step in the pot hole, you end up losing your balance and falling onto the ground. If the sidewalk was part of the property, then the owner and/or landlord of the building may be liable for damages.

Slip and fall accidents come in many forms. The typical conditions that enable a slip and fall accident are as follows:

  • Wetness on the floor causes it to be slippery. This is common after a janitor or custodian mops the floor with water and soap.
  • The walking surfaces are damaged or worn out, causing them to be uneven. The floorboards may be loose, the carpets may be torn up, or the steps of the stairs may be crooked or uneven. 
  • Low-level lighting on the stairways or walkways that make it difficult to see.
  • Pot holes, ditches, and cracks in the sidewalk or walkway.
  • Ice and snow on the ground or walkways.

Union City is no different than any other city in terms of public property neglect and commercial property neglect. Government officials and small business leaders are always trying to save money any way they can. Their primary way of saving money is cutting back on maintenance tasks. Unfortunately, this could end up costing them more money in the long run if someone gets hurt because of their neglect.

Were you lawfully on a commercial or public property where you slipped and fell? Were the conditions similar to anything that was described above?  Most importantly, were you injured as a result of the fall? If you answered “yes” to all three questions, then you may have a very good case for seeking compensatory damages due to your injuries.

Common Injuries of a Slip and Fall Accident

There is no way to predict the outcome of a slip and fall accident. So many factors determine the outcome. Age and health are certainly the two biggest factors. Someone who is in poor physical condition with limited stability may be more prone to slip and fall. That would only make the property owner and other relevant parties more liable because the property conditions did not accommodate somebody of ill health.

Aside from the health and strength of the victim, the surface on the ground is another huge factor in the severity of the accident. If the surface is hard pavement, then a slip and fall accident would be much worse than if the fall happened on a carpet or rubber mat. But since it is less likely that you’ll slip and fall on a carpet or rubber mat, then a hard surface is likely what is waiting for you on the ground.

Here are the common injuries that occur to victims of a slip and fall accident:

Brain / Head Injuries: A blow to the head is always a serious matter. When you slip and fall to the ground, you may land head first onto the hard surface below you. This could result in a traumatic brain injury with temporary or permanent cognitive effects.

Neck and Back Injuries: Injuries to your vertebrae can be just as bad. There are a lot of slip and fall victims who actually end up with paralysis or reduced mobility because of their accident.

Bone Fractures: A hard fall onto the ground may cause bone fractures, especially if you have weak bones, to begin with. These fractures will put you out of commission for a long time. Not only that, but it’ll be a painful recovery process too.

None of these injuries are easy to recover from. If you’re lucky, you may only walk away from this accident with a sprained ankle. But even then, you have the right to some compensation for your injury if it has caused any limitations to your normal lifestyle.

You can seek compensation for the following damages:

  • Loss of consortium
  • Mental anguish
  • Disability
  • Pain and suffering
  • Disfigurement
  • Medical expenses
  • Rehabilitation
  • Medication
  • Lost revenue

Bhatt Law Group is the only law firm experienced enough in Union City to fight for a fair settlement on your behalf. If your slip and fall accident has caused you any of these damages, then give us a call at (201) 798-8000. We’ll set you up with a highly qualified slip and fall accident attorney to help you with your case.  

What to Do After the Accident

Unless you’ve suffered a minor sprain for your slip and fall accident, you should call 9-1-1 to request emergency assistance for your injuries. If you’re unable to do so because of the severity of your condition, then hopefully someone will come along and call 9-1-1 on your behalf. Some people use those “life alert” remote buttons, but we’re not advocating that you get one. However, they do come in handy if you need to call for help and you’re unable to move on your feet.

The whole basis of your slip and fall accident case revolves around the severity of your injuries and the parties who have premises liability. In other words, if more than one party is responsible for the unsafe conditions on the property that caused the accident, then they’re all going to be held liable. But that is not a determination for you to make. Just seek medical treatment at the hospital so that a medical report can be generated. When you come to Bhatt Law Group for representation, we will use the medical report to prove the severity of your injuries and to justify the level of compensatory damages we’re seeking for you. To learn more, call us at (201) 798-8000.