Being charged with a criminal offense can be devastating. You may have been unaware that your actions were illegal or the allegations against you may be completely false. You may have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time. No matter what happened, you are facing an intense criminal investigation and potential penalties that may affect your life forever. You need help. Let a Jersey City criminal attorney guide you through the complex legal system while you focus on moving forward with your life.
Consequences of a Conviction
If you have been accused of or charged with a crime, you are likely concerned about the possible impact a conviction can have on your life. Not only will you face criminal penalties, but also social and professional consequences. Bhatt Law Group will defend your rights in court as well as your reputation with friends, family, and within the community.
Potential consequences of a conviction include:
- Monetary fines and court costs
- Restitution to victims
- A permanent criminal record
- Restrictions on travel
- Inability to rent an apartment or house
- Negative impact on immigration status
- Ineligibility for student financial aid
- Inability to obtain a job
- Loss of professional license for your job
To avoid the harshest punishments, you need a knowledgeable representative by your side throughout the criminal justice process. Before you answer any questions from law enforcement authorities, call Bhatt Law Group.
Criminal Offenses in New Jersey
Bhatt Law Group has been representing people throughout New Jersey for over a decade. We know that being charged with a crime can be devastating. You may be worried about criminal penalties as well as how this will affect your future. You don’t have to deal with this situation alone. We can help.
Types of criminal offenses we handle include:
- DUI Offenses – Although DUI offenses in New Jersey are dealt with under the motor vehicle code as opposed to the state criminal code, penalties can be harsh. You may be facing large monetary fines, driver’s license suspension, and even incarceration. Whether it’s your first DUI or you’ve had multiple, you need a seasoned defense attorney on your side.
- Drug Charges – New Jersey is strict on drugs. Consequences range from probation to serious time in prison. Don’t gamble on your future. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney with Bhatt Law Group to find out how we can help you.
- Assault Charges – Violent crimes can lead to serious criminal penalties. If you are being accused of assault, battery, or a similar crime, contact us today so that we can begin creating your defense strategy.
- Theft Charges – Theft can result in both criminal and civil penalties. The degree of charge depends on the amount stolen, whether a weapon was used, and other specific circumstances of the crime. We will compassionately listen to your side of the story and make sure the prosecutors, the judge, and the jury hear it as well.
- Burglary Charges – Stealing from a residence or other structure can result in serious penalties because of the potential risk to any people inside. If you’ve been charged with burglary, you need a knowledgeable Jersey City criminal attorney to represent your rights in court.
- Harassment Charges – Although harassment is typically a low-level (de minimis) infraction, the specific circumstances of the crime can result in severe penalties. If you’re being charged with harassment or a related crime, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who will make sure your rights are respected throughout the investigation and justice process.
- Property Crimes – Allegations involving criminal behavior on someone’s property can be disturbing for victims as well as the person being accused. Bhatt Law Group has represented countless people who have been charged with arson, vandalism, trespassing, and related crimes. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
- Traffic Offenses – Traffic tickets, which are dealt with under the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Code, can have harsh consequences. Although not considered “crimes,” they can still result in large monetary fines and other penalties. We will help you navigate the complex legal system so you can move past a traffic offense.
- Public Nuisance Crimes – Public nuisance crimes are those that have an impact on the general public or take place in a public place. If you’ve been charged with disorderly conduct, public intoxication, public urination, disturbing the peace, or another public nuisance, contact us to defend your rights today.
How a Jersey City Criminal Attorney Can Help You
When you’ve been charged with a criminal offense, you need a good defense. Bhatt Law Group knows how to deal with a multitude of criminal charges. We will evaluate every aspect of your charges and determine whether they can be reduced or eliminated entirely.
Bhatt Law Group has more than a decade of experience working with defendants in Jersey City and surrounding areas. We have represented people in local and state court systems. We will tirelessly work to make sure you get the outcome you deserve.
Call us today at (201) 798-8000 to find out how we can help you.